As one of the most important, widely-spoken languages on the planet, we understand having proficiency in French can be a real advantage for your career.
French business culture for companies and professionals working in a French context or with French clients. Emphasis is placed on company structure, context, formality, persuasion, presentations.
Whether you are a business launching into France sending employees abroad or a single worker working Francophones , understanding the complex cultural intricacies of French business is the key to success.
- Strong hierarchical systems
- Harshly defined roles and strata
- Different methods to communicate with people below, at, and above your level
- Rich context
- Tailor your presentation and communication methods to fit a less explicit model of interaction
- Formality and Etiquette
- Defined formulas of formality paired with different hierarchies
- Introduce yourself using proper form
- Personal vs. Business relationships
- Written vs. Spoken French
- French hierarchy, context, and formality means that presenting ideas is different
- Learn effective persuasion techniques for French clients
- Essential business terminology to recognize (and use)
- Restaurant culture
- Eating with your office is a cultural must
- Know how to order
- Understand proper table etiquette (the French take this seriously!)